Another year has passed, and with it so many great changes that make me eager for what a new year will bring. Much has changed this last month alone with my new address and the addition (at long last) of Doug the Pug to our bunch. I don’t care to wait for a new calendar to make resolutions, but I am happy that I’ve maintained or accomplished most of my standing goals. Though there is much more that could be said about this year as fulfilling, busy, and awesome, here are twelve things of note:
01. I ate some really, really good food. This city has so many great farm to table restaurants to offer foodies! Sharing a good meal or a drink with loved ones and close friends is one of my favorite ways to spend my time. Still, I’m really looking forward to cooking in more and being able to accommodate dinner guests.
02. I’m becoming a morning person (and not just for the food). Waking early for work has helped me get in the habit of starting my days early when I’m off. Now I can’t imagine how I used to sleep in to noon in college. I love making the most of the day now, especially when it involves waffles. I’m hoping to get more accustomed to a morning bird routine in the new year.
03. I left my job at the store in January after I began working full-time at the practice. I am thankful I’ve stayed in touch with my favorite ladies! We still meet for breakfast and special occasions, and they are some of the most sincere women I know.
04. I Spent time with lovely friends, old and new. Gone are the days when everyone I knew lived nearby, and no one had to turn in for work on weekdays. As more friends transition to post-college life making friend dates has become much sweeter. I can’t wait for long weekends away to visit those who have dispersed outside the mitten state.
05. I celebrated a wonderful year with Neil in June. I can’t say enough great things about him and how happy and fortunate I am to have a manfriend who is also one of my best friends. We have such fun together. I can’t wait for the more adventures to come.
06. I tried something new – a photo shoot for AURA Cosmetics’ fall collection. I had a fun day, and some really long lashes.
07. Neil bought his first home in July, which is now my home too. It will be a little while before everything has a place and we fill it out, but it’s starting to feel pretty cozy. I feel refreshed not having neighbors a wall away!
08. October marked my first year at my big girl job, and I also inherited new responsibilities. I finally have updated business cards! There’s never a dull moment in our practice where I handle all of the social media, graphic design and advertising.
09. I was invited to assist designer Daniel Vosovic with model fittings for his show at Couture for A Cure alongside Leigh’s. You may remember him from way back on Project Runway! It was a fabulous experience seeing his beautiful, fresh s13 collection firsthand.
Photos by Tim Motley of Stellafly Social Media
10. I joined the YMCA and started hitting the mat with yoga & pilates. Neil joins me, which has kept me accountable and really helps me unwind after work. It doesn’t hurt to have such a beautiful mat too!
11. First there was Huey, Neil’s fluffy bundle of joy. He loves laps!
12. Then, Saturday we added our third little roommate – Doug the Pug! More on him later…!
I hope you had a wonderful year! Cheers to an even better 2013!